Tinnitus – Ringing or Buzzing in the Ears
Often referred to as “ringing in the ears”, tinnitus is a medical term for the perception of sound in one or both ears when no external sound can be detected by others.
Some people who suffer from tinnitus hear hissing, roaring, whistling, chirping, or clicking rather than ringing. Tinnitus can be intermittent or constant with single or multiple tones, and its perceived volume can range from subtle to intense.
Some people hear hissing, roaring, whistling, chirping or clicking rather than ringing.
In many cases the cause of tinnitus cannot be determined. There are many potential catalysts that are known to trigger or worsen tinnitus:
- accumulation of earwax
- exposure to loud sounds
- head or neck injuries
- problems with blood circulation
- jaw misalignment
- ear or sinus infections
- certain types of tumors
- cardiovascular disease
- certain medications
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy
- Sound generators create a type of “white noise” sound that distracts your brain from the ringing or buzzing sounds, which can reduce their intensity.
- Some specialized hearing instruments are designed with features that help to provide relief from tinnitus.
We specialize in assisting individuals with tinnitus and provide comprehensive tinnitus evaluation. Call us today to schedule your personal consultation.
We're here to help.
Our Hearing Aid & Hearing Care Services
- Complete Hearing Tests for Adults
- Hearing Aid Evaluations, Selection & Fittings, Rehabilitation, and Counseling
- Full Line of Hearing Instruments
- Repair and Service for most Brands & Models of Hearing Aids
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Treatment
- Hearing Protection and Swim Molds
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Community Education Services
Our Satisfied Patients Say It Best
I have known Al since he opened his business in Wichita about eight years ago. He immediately showed interest in my hearing problems (both ears), and I agreed to testing and soon purchased a set of hearing aids from him.
"I would like to express my thanks to you for the care you have given me to ensure that I receive the best quality of hearing possible. You have without a doubt given to me the pleasure of receiving the best treatment from a business man that I have ever received. Your service has gone above and beyond anything I could have hoped for.
"It has now been more than one year since I first visited your place of business, and I am writing to let you know how pleased I have been with the hearing aids I purchased from you. But there is a lot more that I have received than just a perfect set of hearing aids prompting me to let you know of my satisfaction with your care and service. It is for that reason I am compelled to state in writing just a few of the attributes you bring to your profession.